SAFE, HAPPY, SUCCESSFUL
We believe that effective career guidance contributes to raising aspirations, improving motivation, and overcoming barriers to success.
Our Careers Education is delivered through a programme which involves pupils, parents, staff, colleges, training provider, and local employers. Winterton Community Academy’s Career Leader, Gary Lemmon, works closely with teaching and pastoral staff to deliver the programme, which is tailored to meet individual pupils needs.
Our goal is to equip our pupils with the necessary skills to adapt to an ever-changing economic climate, inspiring them to become life-long career learners. As a school we aspire to achieve the 8 Gatsby benchmarks:
1. A stable careers programme.
2. Learning from career and labour market information.
3. Addressing the needs of each student.
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers.
5. Encounters with employers and employees.
6. Experiences of workplaces.
7. Encounters with further and higher education.
8. Personal Guidance.
Winterton Community Academy is committed to providing a planned programme of careers education for all students in year 7-13, in partnership with Humber Enterprise Parnership.